Have Fun With English
Learn English Through Jokes
Improve your English through jokes - double click on any word to see its definition (allow pop ups).
13 Things Films Have Taught Us
- All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices, which have large red read-outs to tell you exactly when it will go off.
- Should you need to pass yourself off as a German officer it will not be necessary to speak the language, an unconvincing accent will do.
- All apartments in Paris overlook the Eiffel tower.
- Most lap top computers are powerful enough to override a bank security system or the communication system of an invading alien civilization.
- Every single person in a martial arts film has a black belt in karate.
- It doesn’t matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a martial arts fight; your enemies will attack you one at a time while the others dance around you menacingly.
- 1 man shooting at 20 men has more chance of hitting them than 20 men shooting at 1 man if he is the hero.
- During a police investigation it will be necessary to visit a strip joint at least once.
- Large studio-type apartments in big cities are affordable by single people on a low wage.
- The entire British population lives in London.
- When staying in a haunted house, women should investigate any strange noises in their most revealing underwear.
- In musicals everyone you meet in the street will know all the words to the songs and the steps to the dances.
- When captured by an evil international terrorist, guns are not necessary to defeat them, sarcasm and wisecracks are your best weapons.