Have Fun Learning English
English Recipe - Chocolate Fudge
There is no sweeter indulgence than chocolate. Whether it's a steaming cup of hot cocoa, a plate of heart-shaped chocolates or an exotic layered dessert, chocolate is a seductive treat. With Valentine's Day approaching, thoughts naturally turn to chocolate and so this month's recipe is for all you chocoholics out their!
400 g granulated sugar
225 ml unsweetened condensed milk
40 g butter
1 g salt
50 g unsweetened chocolate
15 ml light corn syrup
300 g chopped walnuts
5 ml vanilla extract
- Combine the sugar, condensed milk, butter, salt, chocolate, and syrup in a large heavy-based saucepan.
- Heat slowly whilst stirring until everything is melted.
- When the chocolate is completely melted, beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Heat till the mixture is halfway between soft and medium ball stage.
- Let cool until barely touchable.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts and vanilla.
- Beat the mixture until it starts to set and spread it into a 20-cm, square pan (pre-greased with butter).