Alongside our free English sessions, you can practise your English knowledge and listening skills with us in our Webinars or Live Streams.
Check the calendar or our Facebook Page, for details of planned events.
What do you need to do?
- To attend any of our webinars or live streams, you simply need to register. You can usually log in using most devices.
- We realise not everyone can take part live events, so we now try to provide video recordings. Make sure you have subscribed to our YouTube channel . However, for copyright reasons, not all webinars will be made public.
- You can usually Register for a webinar before it starts, or join when it starts.
- Please try to be on time.
What do we do in our webinars?
- Our webinars usually involve active listening, so be prepared to listen to a podcast, or access a video or an mp3 file online and to ask/answer questions about it.
- In the Absolute Beginner's webinars your teacher will present new vocabulary, or points of grammar at a very slow pace. You are welcome to ask questions, which are usually answered at the end.
What should you do in the webinar?
When you enter any webinar for the first time, type "Hi" in the chat window.
To listen, you will need a good quality headset.
We use the following codes:-
- 111 to show you can hear us
- 222 means you can't hear us
- 2121 means our sound is breaking up
- 999 = you are speaking too fast
- ccc = the connection is noisy
- ??? = you don't understand anything
Spread the Word!
Of course, if you have taken part in a webinar, posting about it in the community, on the forum, or on social media is really appreciated. Remember - Your feedback helps us to improve future webinars.
As ever, we encourage you to take part in the wider Network community. And remember, we aren't the only people running such events. You can find webinars and streams on practically any subject. You could even start one of your own.
For more information and guidelines please read our English Chat page.
How much does it cost?
As usual, all the activities we run are free. However, to help us continue and grow we need people to sponsor us.
By taking part in any of our events, you agree to be bound by our rules and guidelines.
As mentioned above, we often stream our webinars on the web, and the subsequent recordings are posted to our YouTube or Podcast channel (or other hosting sites). By participating in an event, you have granted us permission to do so.