Learn English Vocabulary
Learn English Dictation
English Dictation Test - Elementary
Normal - Listen
Slow - Write
Play the .mp3 files (they are large so be patient).
1. Just listen. I will speak, quite quickly, in a natural voice.
2. Listen and write I will speak more slowly.
3. Listen to the first file again - Check and make any corrections you think necessary.
- What's the time, please?
- What time is it, please?
- Excuse me. Do you know what time it is?
- Have you got the time, please?
- Could you tell me the time, please?
- It's 8 o'clock (eight o'clock) (8:00).
- It's quarter past 10 (ten) (10:15).
- It's time to get up.
- It's time to go to work.
- It's time to go to bed. It's bedtime.
punctuation - , . ' ! etc...
Each mistake = 1.
Do not count the same mistake twice.
If you get 5 or more mistakes do the dictation again.