Learn English Vocabulary
Learn English Dictation
English Dictation Test - Elementary
Normal - Listen
Slow - Write
Play the .mp3 files (they are large so be patient).
1. Just listen. I will speak, quite quickly, in a natural voice.
2. Listen and write I will speak more slowly.
3. Listen to the first file again - Check and make any corrections you think necessary.
- The United Kingdom is a small country.
- It's in Europe.
- Germany is in Europe too.
- Your teacher is an English
teacher in Germany.
- She's British.
- She's from Derby.
- Derby is a big city in England.
- Mr Smith is an English teacher
too, but he's not British.
- He's American.
- He's from Washington.
punctuation - , . ' ! etc...
Each mistake = 1.
Do not count the same mistake twice.
If you get 5 or more mistakes do the dictation again.