Learn English Vocabulary
Learn English Dictation
English Dictation Test - Intermediate
Normal - Listen
Slow - Write
Play the .mp3 files (they are large so be patient).
1. Just listen. I will speak, quite quickly, in a natural voice.
2. Listen and write I will speak more slowly.
3. Listen to the first file again - Check and make any corrections you think necessary.
- Thanksgiving Day is not a British holiday, it's an American holiday.
- It's held every year on the Thursday before the last Sunday in November.
- American families get together to show thanks for the year's harvest,
- as the Pilgrim Fathers did in 1621 after being taught how to grow corn by the native Americans.
- The meal eaten on this day usually includes turkey and pumpkin pie.
punctuation - , . ' ! etc...
Each mistake = 1.
Do not count the same mistake twice.
If you get 5 or more mistakes do the dictation again.