Learn English Vocabulary
Learn English Dictation
English Dictation Test - Elementary
Normal - Listen
Slow - Write
Play the .mp3 files (they are large so be patient).
1. Just listen. I will speak, quite quickly, in a natural voice.
2. Listen and write I will speak more slowly.
3. Listen to the first file again - Check and make any corrections you think necessary.
- April Fool's Day, is not a holiday, but it is celebrated in many countries on April 1.
- On April Fool's Day people play jokes on friends and neighbours.
- At work you may be sent on a fools' errand, which can be embarrassing.
- In some countries, April Fool's jokes (also called "April fools") must only be made before midday.
- The April 1st tradition in France includes poisson d'avril (which means "April's fish" in English).
punctuation - , . ' ! etc...
Each mistake = 1.
Do not count the same mistake twice.
If you get 5 or more mistakes do the dictation again.