Improve Your English
Word Game - Vocab Snake
by Lynne Hand
Instructions to the English teacher
This is great for revising previously taught vocabulary. It's best to prepare it using a word processor and print it out on an OHP sheet.
- First write out a list of words:-
keyboard monitor laptop computer mouse program spreadsheet database memory screen
- Then remove all spaces. This leaves you with a long string of letters:-
- Give the students a handout of the string of letters and ask them to find the words.
- For more advanced students add some extra letters to fill in the gaps:-
- If you're using an OHP sheet use a coloured marker to separate the words as the students call them out.