Have Fun Learning English
Recipe - Mushroom and Spring Onion Quiche
There's a book called "Real Men Don't Eat Quiche". It's nonsense of course. The great thing about quiche is you can serve it hot on cold days, and cold on hot days. Perfect for spring. You can also change the filling with whatever takes your fancy, prawns / smoked salmon etc.
Make 6oz of short crust pastry.
For the filling:-
4 large spring onions
2 oz field mushrooms
½ oz butter
3oz Cheddar cheese
¼ pt milk
¼ pt single cream
large pinch of salt
small pinch of pepper
- Heat the oven to 325°F (gas mark 3)
- Roll out the pastry and line a 7" flan ring.
- Blind bake the pastry case.
- Trim the spring onions of the roots and the darker leaves.
- Chop the spring onions finely.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Fry the chopped spring onions in the butter.
- Grate the cheese.
- Arrange the fried onions, mushrooms and grated cheese in the bottom of the flan case.
- Whisk the eggs with the milk, cream, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry case.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then cover the quiche with foil and bake for 15 minutes longer.