Have Fun Learning English
Halloween Recipe - Pumpkin Soup
Ingredients (Serves 4)
2¼ lb/1kg pumpkin
2 onions, chopped
1oz / 25g butter
1 medium potato, peeled and diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 pint / 600ml water
1 pint / 600ml vegetable stock
5 fl oz / 150ml single cream
chopped parsley to garnish
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the skin and seeds from the pumpkin; dice the flesh.
- Fry the onions in the butter or margarine for 10 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, potato and garlic and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the water and vegetable stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Purée the mixture in a food processor or blender, add the cream and seasoning to taste.
- Heat through again gently without boiling, garnish with the chopped parsley and serve with crusty bread.