Have Fun Learning English
English Recipe - Red Lentil Soup
A nice warming soup for the approach to winter.
200g red lentils
2 medium-sized tomatoes
1 piece of fresh ginger (walnut sized)
1 medium-sized onion
1 clove of garlic
2 tsps butter
1½ tsps garam masala
800 ml vegetable stock
4 tsps crème fraîche
2 tsps lemon juice
2 tsp2 chopped chives
- Rinse the lentils with cold water and leave to drain.
- Wash the tomatoes and chop into large chunks.
- Peel the ginger, onion and garlic and chop finely.
- Fry the chopped ginger, onion and garlic in the butter for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, lentils and garam masala and fry gently for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree the liquid.
- Put the puree back in a pan, add the crème fraîche and stir.
- Reheat the soup stirring all the time.
- Add more salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Sprinkle on the chives before serving.