Have Fun Learning English
Traditional Farmhouse Recipe - Jugged Steak
A traditional farmhouse recipe
A thick piece of steak
1 teaspoonful of mushroom ketchup
Pepper and salt
- Cut the steak into 1" square pieces and put into a stone jar.
- Stick the cloves into the onions.
- Add the onions and cloves into the jar.
- Add the celery, mushroom ketchup, pepper and salt.
- Don't add any water or oil.
- Close the jar tightly and place in a pan of boiling water.
- Let it simmer until the meat is tender.
- Serve with potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
To simmer: To keep a liquid just below boiling point, usually in a pan on the hob, e.g. simmer the sauce until it starts to thicken.