Have Fun Learning English
English Recipe - Herby Roast Potatoes
In the UK we often eat roast potatoes with our Sunday dinner, usually they're roasted in the same pan as the meat. This is a tasty alternative to the traditional roast potatoes using garlic and herbs for more flavour.
1 lb new potatoes 10 cloves of garlic (with skin removed) 1 tbsp olive oil 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp ground black pepper 1 tsp butter 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley Knob of butter
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Lightly coat a large roasting tin with oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the whole potatoes, whole garlic cloves, olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly with your hands until the potatoes are coated evenly with the oil and herbs.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer in the prepared roasting tin.
- Cover with a lid or aluminum foil and roast for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes remove the lid or foil.
- Turn the potatoes so that they cook evenly, and bake uncovered for around 25 minutes, until the they are soft and slightly browned.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, mix with butter. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.