Have Fun Learning English
Traditional English Recipe - Haddock Puffs
Another traditional farmhouse recipe
1/2 lb cooked haddock
Liquid in which haddock was boiled
2 oz Self-Raising Flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 oz finely chopped parsley
Oil for frying
- Flake the haddock with a little of the liquid.
- Add the flour, seasoning and eggs.
- Add enough milk to make a creamy batter.
- Heat the oil.
- Drop tablespoons of the mixture into the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown, they will puff up beautifully.
- Serve very hot, with potatoes.