Have Fun Learning English
Traditional English Recipe - Digestive Biscuits
A traditional biscuit (these are not for the dog!) (A biscuit is what an American would call a cookie.)
4oz medium oatmeal
1 ½ oz castor sugar
4 oz wholemeal flour
3 oz butter
pinch of salt
small pinch of bicarbonate of soda
½ an egg, beaten
- Rub the butter into the flour.
- Add the sugar, salt and soda.
- Bind with the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle a pastry board with oameal and roll out the dough.
- Sprinkle the rolled out dough with more oatmeal and roll in the oatmeal.
- Cut the dough into round or oval shapes.
- Bake on a tin in a fairly hot oven till golden brown.