Have Fun Learning English
English Recipe - Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
150g or 5½oz of canned sweetcorn (You can use fresh)
700 ml or 1¼ pints of chicken stock
2 medium-sized cooked chicken breasts
8 baby corn cobs
Spring onions, chopped
2.5-cm (1-inch) piece root ginger, chopped
30ml or 2tbsps of light soy sauce
Salt and freshly ground pepper ... to taste
- Place the chicken stock, into a saucepan and gently cook for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the stock is cooking, slice the chicken breasts thinly and stir the slices into the stock.
- Add the sweetcorn from the can and baby corn, and stir.
- Cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the ginger, soy sauce and spring onions, and continue cooking gently for another 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.