Have Fun Learning English
Traditional English Recipe - Black Pudding
Answer - When it's a black pudding.
Traditionally eaten as part of a full English breakfast, this is not a sweet pudding!
Those who like it, love it. Me? I leave it.
1 quart of fresh pig's blood
1 quart of skimmed milk
½ loaf of bread cut into cubes
1 cup of rice
1 cup of barley
1lb fresh beef suet
2 or 3 handfuls of dry oatmeal
Pepper, salt, black pepper and dried mint (to taste)
- Prepare the rice and barley by soaking them in water and cooking well in the oven.
- Place the bread in a large pie dish.
- Pour the milk over the bread.
- Place in a warm oven (do not overheat).
- Pour the blood into the warmed milk and bread.
- Add the cooked rice and barley.
- Grate in the beef suet.
- Stir in the oatmeal.
- Season with pepper, salt etc.
- Place into greased dripping pans until ¾ full.
- Bake in a moderate oven until cooked through.