Have Fun Learning English
Traditional English Recipe - Blackberry Fool
4 oz. (100g) fresh blackberries
8 oz. (225g) low-fat fromage frais
1 packet jelly
2 tsp granulated sugar
1) Clean the fruit carefully before use.
2) Sprinkle the blackberries with the sugar.
3) Make the jelly with a quarter pint (150 ml) of boiling water.
4) Stir in the blackberries and make up to three quarters of a pint (450 ml) with cold water.
5) Cool in the refrigerator until nearly set then stir in the fromage frais.
6) Whisk until light and fluffy and chill in glasses before serving
To stir: agitate an ingredient or a number of ingredients using a hand held tool such as a spoon, eg stir the onions until they are lightly browned.
To sprinkle: scatter a powdered ingredient or tiny droplets of a liquid, eg sprinkle the caster sugar over the fruit or sprinkle the brandy over the fruit cake.