Have Fun Learning English
Traditional English Recipe - Treacle Tart
Treacle tart is a traditional British dessert. It's very sickly and sweet, but moreish.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
6 oz short crust pastry (You can buy pre baked pie crusts in the UK)
For the filling6 oz golden syrup
1 ½ oz soft white bread crumbs
1 tsp lemon juice
- Roll out the pastry evenly and line the flan ring.
- Prick the base of the pastry case.
- Warm the syrup in a pan.
- Mix in the breadcrumbs and lemon juice.
- Spoon the mixture into the flan case.
- Bake for 30 mins at 400°F.
- Let the tart cool before removing from flan case to allow the syrup to set.
- Serve hot or cold with cream or custard (clotted cream is especially yummy).