Have Fun Learning English
Traditional English Recipe - Hot Strawberry Dropscones
8oz of self raising flour
2 free range eggs
Milk to make a thick cream
7 firm strawberries
Oil for frying
- Whisk together the milk,eggs and flour. The batter should look like thick cream.
- Slice the strawberries into the batter and stir in.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan until it almost starts to smoke.
- Drop (hence the name) around a desertspoon of batter to form an oval scone into the pan.
- Cook until bubbles form and burst , then turn the scone over and cook the other side to a golden brown.
- Serve warm with sugar.
Note : To make a 'cream tea' with a difference offer thick strained yogurt sweetened with clear honey with the strawberry drop scones.