Have Fun Learning English
Traditional English Recipe - Cottage Pie
1 lb cooked beef - cooled
3/4 lb cooked bacon
1 cup of cold potatoes
1 cup of breadcrumbs
1 oz butter
2 onions (minced)
- Mince the beef and bacon, season to taste.
- Fry the minced onion in butter till brown, then add the gravy and boil for ten minutes.
- Mix the egg, meat, bacon, potatoes and breadcrumbs together, add to the onion gravy.
- Mix well and place in a greased pie-dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with vegetables, or cold with salad.