Have Fun Learning English
Traditional English Recipe - Blackberry Vinegar
A large sterilised glass jar
Several decorative bottles
A traditional recipe that makes a lovely gift
450 grams blackberries
1 tbsp sugar
450 ml good quality white wine vinegar
- Place the berries in a glass jar and sprinkle with sugar.
- Stir for one minute to release a bit of the juice.
- Pour the white wine vinegar over the berries, cap the jar and let it sit on a cool, dark shelf for 3-4 weeks.
- Pour the mixture through a fine strainer to remove the berries' flesh and seeds.
- Put the strained vinegar into decorative bottles, label and tie with ribbons..