Learn English Free
Learn English Dictation
English Dictation Test - Elementary
Hints - Augustus | Julius Caesar
Normal - Listen
Slow - Write
Play the .mp3 files (they are large so be patient).
1. Just listen. I will speak, quite quickly, in a natural voice.
2. Listen and write I will speak more slowly.
3. Listen to the first file again - Check and make any corrections you think necessary.
- August was named after the Roman Emperor Augustus.
- It has 31 days because Augustus wanted as many days as July, which was named after Julius Caesar.
- In a leap year August begins on the same day of the week as February.
- In the UK there is a bank holiday on the last Monday in August.
- Traditionally many businesses close on bank holidays.
punctuation - , . ' ! etc...
Each mistake = 1.
Do not count the same mistake twice.
If you get 5 or more mistakes do the dictation again.
Thanks to Alexanderq for the correction.